First American Home Warranty
For over 30 years, First American Home Warranty (FAHW) has been a leader in the home warranty industry. Serving 38 states and the District of Columbia, they currently have over half a million customers and a vast network of service providers.
FAHW is a subsidiary of the First American Corporation, which was established in 1889 with a deeply rooted legacy of putting customers first. FAHW was established in 1984. Since then, FAHW has serviced over 8.6 million customers and over 13.5 million claims. Today, FAHW has more than 550,000 home warranty contracts in place. In 2016 FAHW serviced nearly $1 million worth of claims and in 2017 they saved homeowners from paying an estimated $169 million in repair and service costs.
Why Do Homeowners Choose First American Home Warranty?
A home warranty with First American is an affordable way to protect the critical systems and appliances in the home. Comprehensive coverage includes a 24/7/365 service department with a large network of independent, pre-screened contractors who provide fast and reliable service. Their renewable, one-year service contract guarantees repair or replacement of covered items in the home that have failed from normal wear and tear.
- 24/7 service department, for coverage no matter the day or hour
- Pre-screened, expert contractors that provide quick, professional service
- Plans with no claim limit and no age limit on covered items
- Provides coverage for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, rust, corrosion and sedimentary build-up
- FAHW guarantees their contractor's work for 30 days
- Plans have industry-leading coverage limits
What's Covered in a First American Home Warranty?
- The Basic Plan – provides coverage for most appliances in the home
- The Premier Plan – includes items listed in Basic, plus major home systems
- Service call fees vary depending on location, but are generally $75.
- Additional coverage for optional items may be purchased a la carte
- Plan holders can upgrade to expand their coverage, within the first 30 days of coverage.
- First Class Upgrade adds up to 35 additional covered items, and also includes:
- Local Building Permit Fees, up to $250 per occurrence
- Costs related to refrigerant recapture, reclaim and disposal
- Items that were improperly installed, modified or repaired, or not properly matched in size or efficiency prior to the term of the home warranty coverage
- Monthly premiums range from $28-$44+ per month depending on the selected protection plan and additional optional items
- Annual premiums range from $300-$500+ depending on the plan and option selected
Industry Awards & Recognition
- Winner of 2017 Editor's Choice Award from HomeWarrantyReviews.com
- 4 Star Rating on ConsumerAffairs.com
- 4 Star Rating from Trustpilot Independent Reviews
- B+ Rated on BBB (accredited since 2000)
Testimonials From Actual Customers
First American Home Warranty
P.O. Box 7248
Santa Rosa, CA 95407