American Home Shield Warranty Plans
About AHS Home Warranty
American Home Shield founded the home warranty industry in 1971 and now services more than 1.6 million customers in 49 states.
American Home Shield operates five customer service centers, employs approximately 1,700 employees and has a national contractor network made up of over 13,000 independent home service contractors who employ more than 45,000 service technicians.
Why Choose a Home Warranty Plan With American Home Shield?
American Home Shield is a leading home warranty company in the United States, and provides a one-year service agreement that protects customers from expensive repairs or replacements to many major home system components and appliances that over time breakdown through normal wear and tear.
A home warranty with American Home Shield means access to over 40 years of expertise. Key features of their warranties also include:
- Low plan prices and service fees, plans begin as low as $39.99 per month
- A vast network of over 13,000 reputable home repair professionals
- The ability to submit service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Discount prices on brand-name appliances for the kitchen, bathroom and more
Promotions by American Home Shield
Asurion Electronics Warranty Plan: The Electronics Plan by Asurion ® is a protection plan for your home's electronics and entertainment products that goes above and beyond individual extended and manufacturers warranties. Protect your favorite electronics products and enjoy them with your family and friends. If your covered product fails, we'll repair it, replace it, or reimburse you for it (at fair market value). Learn more here: Electronics Plan by Asurion.
Please Note: The Asurion Electronics Warranty Plan is an add-on that can only be purchased when an American Home Shield home warranty is purchased.
What Does American Home Shield Cover?
The American Home Shield Systems Plan covers the key home systems from dangerous and expensive repairs. This plan includes coverage for heating and air systems (including ductwork), electric, water and plumbing, water heater, garbage disposal, and even smaller items like doorbells, ceiling fans and smoke detectors. This plan covers the replacement or repair of the components of these key home systems.
Appliance Discount Program
American Home Shield customers enjoy access to discounts on best brand name appliances. Their program offers:
- Savings on manufacturers' suggested retail prices
- Energy Star certified options
- The newest appliances with the latest technology
- Discounts that offset the cost of an American Home Shield Home Warranty Plan
- No limit to how many or how often they buy appliances
American Home Shield's most popular plan is the Combo Plan. This package provides coverage for many of the home's primary systems and appliances. Customers can save up to 29% with the Combo Plan instead of purchasing American Home Shield's Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan separately. The Combo Plan fully covers what's included in both the Systems Plan and the Appliance Plan.
'Build Your Own' Warranty Plan
American Home Shield's 'Build Your Own' Plan allows customers the flexibility to mix and match 10 or more items covered by American Home Shield. This plan was created a la cart style, with consumers in mind.
- Pool/Inground Spa
- Well Pump
- Septic System Pumping and Septic Sewage Ejector Pump
- Guest Unit
Industry Awards & Recognition
- 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Top Rated Award by HomeWarrantyReviews.com
- 2014 Best in Service Award by HomeWarrantyReviews.com
- 2014–2017 Most recommended home warranty provider by Women's Choice Award
- American Home Shield is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business
- AHS is rated 3.9 out of 5 stars for overall customer satisfaction on ConsumerAffairs.com
- Named the Top-Rated Home Warranty Company by ConsumersAdvocate.org
Compare American Home Shield
Learn more about home service contracts by comparing home service contract companies. This comparison article explores how American Home Shield compares to:
- Choice Home Warranty
- Old Republic Home Warranty
- American Residential Warranty
American Home Shield
889 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, TN 38120